- Dressing up lifts the spirits - compliments may come; the day feels special.
- One day a week is a realistic goal to aim to dress more swelegantly.
- For most of us, Friday is already an optimistic day, and for many, a day that might end socially.
- A frocktastic Friday will bring sparkle to the week - and is something to look forward to.
- Sharing the positivity of Friday Frocks with your friends and colleagues, even your family, will increase the levels of happy around you.
Friday Frocks doesn't have to be about dresses - if you don't wear frocks you might join in with fabulous statement jewellery, or a pair of heels, or taking more time with your hair. Boys might go for a gorgeous vintage Liberty tie, or a stylish shirt (my husband now has three red-wine coloured work shirts - I keep buying them for him because they are smart but striking - the very essence of Friday Frocks). On the other hand, you may already be the picture of everyday classy dressing - but I'm sure you could bring something extra to Fridays: witty accessories, brighter colour accents, finer footwear...
Lastly, I like the idea of people sharing this new habit, and therein spreading the little bit of pleasure that comes with knowing you look like a slightly better version of yourself. My colleagues were mostly really positive when I mentioned it to them last week and I reckon some will join in this week - and of course, I'm sharing it with you... but if you like the idea, spread it (and the compliments) around. If you're among the Twitterati, tell us all what you're wearing or better - link to a photo - and add the #FridayFrocks hashtag. Link to this post on Facebook or elsewhere on the net, and above all, tell people. This idea may die on it's arse - but it's so positive I don't think it deserves to.
I particularly welcome your comments on this one, lovely readers, and if after Friday you'd like to send me a link or photo of your Friday Frocks outfit, via the comments box or email, I'll happily share your fabulousness with the rest of the swelegencia ...