Tuesday 23 December 2008

All I want for Christmas...

The boyfriend has finally gone out shopping, so I can comment on fantasy shopping without him thinking I'm hinting at things I think he should buy. Oscar Wilde may have been right when advising men never to buy anything for a woman that she can't wear in the evening, but I'm about to mention some truly costly things, and spending that kind of money doesn't come easily to him.

So - if money were no object...



Diane Von Furstenburg wrap dress in Confetti Red, up to US size 14 (approx UK 18) £306

Why? Well this dress is the perfect shape for me. It enables my hourglass curves while disguising my heavy upper arms. It's timeless and smart, but cute and fun at the same time. My favourite colours too.



Gina Zeta sandals reduced to £185, but only available in size 3.5 - otherwise, Gina sandals tend to be around £350.

Why? I don't know about you, but when wearing red-carpet couture, I always struggle with what to wear on the end of my bare legs. Or maybe not - but the principle remains the same. Many glam frocks require bare legs - these sandals elongate the apearance of your legs and are effortlessly spectacular. Gina sandals became de riguer for A-listers way back in the nineties, and haven't changed much since, and of course there are hordes of more bargainous imitators. Go for the old gold colours - silver contrasts too much with your fleshtone.



Vollers call this corset V1114, 'Little Miss Mischief' and certainly, it does seem a lot of fun.

Vollers are the last word in corsets, but a traditional overbust corset doesn't pull many punches if you're a boobilicious girl and can leave the assembled company wondering where to land their gazes if you sport them as outerwear. This design has a little more coverage and the contrasting darker fabric may make the boobs look slightly smaller - I can but dream... £155.

Merry Xmas to all of you, and I'll see you for the sales.

2 comments:

  1. Omg...in LOVE with that corset!

    WANT!! *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane Von Furstenberg and Nanette Lapore = fantastic dresses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - always nice to know I'm not talking to myself...