Sunday 2 November 2008

What to expect from Swelegant Style Shopping

So, I've started this blog for the purposes of translating some of the ridiculous hours I spend on both internet-based procrastination and planning my next clothing aquisitions, into something marginally creative.

There's also the possibility that I might be able to give some pointers to anyone who does read. I can't buy everything. It's taken me a long time to come to terms with that sad fact, but I simply don't have the money, or the body, to justifiably buy all the gorgeous stuff there is out there.

I've also come to realise that lots of my lovely friends find shopping an intimidating experience. On a website I frequent, Urban75, some forum posters have asked for help in finding outfits or items which flatter them. Lots of people can give advice on this - I'm not claiming a unique skill, but I do speak from the perspective of a great many misspent hours reasearch on the matter - and from the perspective of dressing a challenging body with an oft-complimented panache.

On which subject: let me lay myself bare (in words, at least): I'm 5ft 3" - with unfairly, disproportionately short legs. I'm currently a size 20. I have boobs that go beyond 'desireably large' into 'holy crap!' (34JJ). I have cellulite from waist to knee. I have ridiculous size 3 feet, but they're broad with perilously high insteps. On the plus side I have a small back, and I don't carry much weight on my face... but it's not much in my favour. And yet despite all this, I love shopping.

So - that's me, and that's why I'm writing.

1 comment:

  1. Hello my gorgeous!
    I've just had a quick whizz thru some of your posts. Move over Gok. Seriously, have you thought about being a personal shopper? Love your advice, love the way you put it across. Love seeing your face again. You look stunning. Go girl! Will be following xx Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - always nice to know I'm not talking to myself...